Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Freckle Princess’ Autumn/Winter Picks #1


Seeing as autumn/winter is my favourite time of year especially fashion wise I thought I would do a little mini-series of my favourite autumn/winter picks ranging from clothes-foods-TV. I plan to feature this mini-series throughout the month of October.
Pretty Polly Tights, Buy Here
 

First up I thought I would share with you my favourite tights, some of which I hope I will be sporting this A/W especially the Topshop pearl tights, Dorothy Perkins hound’s-tooth tights and Pretty Polly’s secret sock tights. Some of the tights shown I already have such as the dotty tights, ribbed tights, faux stocking tights by Henry Holland and the cable knit tights.

New Look Tights, Buy Here

Around this time of year I love looking at Primark’s tights section as they always have bang on trend tights seen in many other stores for a fraction of the price and if they get a ladder it’s not the end of the world and you’re not left too out of pocket. I love wearing tights in A/W and they come in so many colours, materials and patterns that you can really have fun with them. I recently donned a pair of black ribbed tights with denim shorts, ankle socks and booties.
Topshop Tights, Buy Here
 

 I love how tights can instantly make your summer wardrobe wearable in the colder months, just don on a pair of tights, a chunky knit and a scar and you’re good to go. It also means that you’re not left too out of pocket when it comes to your winter wardrobe.

Dorothy Perkin Tights, Buy Here

I have learnt the hard way (sadly) to ensure that I always carry a spare pair of tights with me for emergencies. Primark do a handy pack of tights for your bag which I think are perfect as they don’t take up too much room in a bag and will be sure to save you from any embarrassment. Another tip is to wear gloves when putting your tights on especially for the more delicate tights and for those with long nails, as we all know we often ladder or tights when putting them on. I have also heard of spraying your tights with hairspray to stop a ladder, also a little bit of clear nail polish should help prevent the ladder from spreading too, so it may be worthwhile to keep a small bottle of clear nail polish in your bag, any clear nail polish will do the job. For those not scared of making a fashion statement you could always make extra holes in the tights to match the one you ribbed and let on they are meant to be like that...or if you’re brave whip them off and bare leg it!!!
ASOS Tights, Buy Here
 

Do you like to wear tights in winter? If so what’s your favourite pair?

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving comments and I will always try and reply to them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)